Monday, September 17, 2012

Day 31: Homework Help

Experienced a wonderful thing tonight.  While my oldest was working online at a scholarship application, his younger sister was working at the same table on Algebraic equations.  She wanted him to check over a couple of her problems and he paused what he was doing long enough to see if her skills were on target.  It was a sweet gesture--and I'm certainly glad older brother recently had Algebra and can offer assistance!  ;)

While this was going on, youngest cub was practicing for an upcoming talent show.  She has written a medley song routine with dance, piano and music and I am so proud of her creativity.  She's been eager to rehearse!  I love it when everyone is home, doing the day-to-day things and life is perfectly, normally, blissful!!  It's one of my favorite times of the day.  Mornings can get hectic, but evenings are so nice.....especially when we all have dinner together at the table (yes, that should be the daily routine but sporting schedules can deter from those routines all too often).  My kids laugh at me for saying this but I love it when everyone is getting along.  (Actually, they say "mom, we always get along"!  And for the most part, they do.  But I just relish in the day to day-peaceful conversations, when everyone is being nice to each other.  Now, in their defense.......they truly do get along well.  And it is rare that we have a flare up or issue with anyone being unkind.....but I enjoy so much the day-to-day happenings of family.  We know they won't be "ours" for much longer.......and they've grown up so quickly already......so I am very much aware and living in the moment.  Which means I am blogging about the most mondane events--which to me, are anything but ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment