Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 30: Prayer

I found this prayer on pinterest and instantly knew it would be a fav!  It pretty much sums up everything in one clean sweep-

I am continually trying to teach my children the power of prayer.  I am also trying to instill in them the practice of going to God for guidance and direction as well as praising daily for the many blessings we have.  They are teaching me as well.  The other day my youngest was stressing about an upcoming piano lesson and having soccer practice.  She was concerned with doing both things and we stopped to pray.  Instantly the stress was lessened and she turned and said "Mom, I think God is glad we asked his help with this."  

Today she was trying a new recipe and wanted to complete the directions totally independent of my help.  As hard as it was to resist, I watched as she proceeded.  She did a great job and I told her these may be the best snickerdoodles we've ever had.  I could see the pride on her face!  She's such a sweet, energetic bubble of goodness.  I prayed while she was reading the recipe and getting ingredients out, not for the recipe to turn out, but for God to guard my tongue so I wouldn't interfere!  So to her, I say, I think God is really glad I came to him over it.  It allowed her to learn on her own with my support and not with my direction ;)  (always a challenge for me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment