Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

You will recall how I said a friend inspired me with the gratitude project?  I really need to clarify.......that my daughter has REALLY been the inspiration behind my quest to blog!!!!  She's quite a writer and a natural with technology...........and of course she's an inspiration in many facets of my life but she definitely deserves a SHOUT OUT on my blog!! ;)

Well did I mention that this friend is a photographer.......so she has done a photo-journal-version of the gratitude project!!  Now, I'm not a photographer (don't even own a REAL camera) but I'm thinking that this gratitude photo-journal project would be a WONDERFUL keepsake for our children........and hey, that's what got me into this whole journal-turned blogger mommy- thing to begin with so.............let's give it a try......with pictures!   Now I won't be able to do a day-by-day post or anything like that (hey--a girl's gotta have her limits :)  but I figure that if each post is numbered.......then whenever I reach my 365th post.........the project will be complete. 


DAY 3     A husband's touch :)  I came home feeling completely crummy......the whole runny nose crank or allergies........that everyone seems to be dealing with right now.  On top of that, one of my besties had just called to cancel our dinner plans (for being sick with the same junk)..........and as he comes in the door.....he takes one look at my face and immediately begins to comfort me........asking how I feel and checking me over from head to toe like an overprotective mother (in his masculine defense.......I never actually had an overprotective mother so it takes very little mothering for me to be able to say this felt like overprotective mothering :) ........then insisting I take some airborne and get to bed early......... simply giving his loving touch.............and instantly, I began to feel better.  I know the power of healing in the human touch.......but it is so much more when that hand is one you have walked through much of your life with.......and it soothes the soul.........like a warm bowl of chicken noodle soup.  Mmmmm......mmmmm......good!



1 comment:

  1. Well Said. My hubby reminds me often we have been together now longer than we were ever apart, before marriage that is. Hope everyone is feeling better soon. Holidays are the worst time (like there is EVER a best time) to be sick! Happy Thanksgiving to all!
    Love and Blessings.

    ReplyDelete