Sunday, October 21, 2012

Day 40: Proud

I post a lot about our girlie girls.......but this one is about how proud I am of our son!   He's made us so proud and we couldn't ask for a better boy!  He's always been very mature for his age.....always made good decisions and choices and always worked hard for his goals on his own, without any pushing from us.  He continues to amaze us with his work ethic and drive.  Today he had a community service project to clean up some roadways and he'd already written a 12 page essay yesterday for one of his classes........and these are the kinds of things he just "does".  He tells us about them as they are happening or he'll mention what is coming up.......but it's without question of ever "should I do this???/ or do I have to??"  and rather it's always just very matter of fact.....that this is what I need to do, so I'm going to do it.  WOW!  To have that self direction and discipline at his age is quite impressive.  He's such a good kid!  Not to mention, he spent the early hours of his Sat. morning practicing for an upcoming ACT test because he really wants to improve his score!  We can only imagine what God has in store for him and his life with the gifts and talents he's been blessed with and the automaticity of his responsiveness to doing whatever it is he needs to do.  He's very responsible and I can't think of another teenager like him!  We are so blessed to be his parents!
I've told all our children.......since they were babies (and often as I would lay them down to bed with kisses, hugs, snuggling and prayers)......."God made you.......and you are so full of goodness!  We can't wait to see what you become!"  Pure goodness!!  Mmmmm-mmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment