Sunday, October 21, 2012

Day 38: The Best Day......with you.....again!

Yesterday I posted about having " ♪ ...The Best Day.....with You.......Today " and today was another one of those days!  We are having such a gorgeous fall this year.......and my youngest daughter has been asking if we could carve pumpkins.......for weeks!  I wasn't really too determmined to make it happen until it occurred to me that she has never experienced this before (can we say 3rd child syndrome? :)!!))  So the other day we bought the biggest and most perfect pumpkin we could find (making Linus proud!)
  Well on the way home, I stopped to buy gas for the mower in one of those little red gas tank containers that I had put in the back of the SUV.  Upon releasing the hatch to get the gas tank out, we both hear a  PLUNK! and no sooner than I could jump out of the vehicle and make my way to the rear that sound was followed by the rolling of our perfect pumpkin right down and across the parking lot of the gas station!  So in my high heels.....here I go-- running across the gas station parking lot in a mad dash to snag our comical- rolling pumpkin as onlookers are laughing and I do manage to grab the pumpkin without being ran over by any entering cars!  SAVE!!!! 
So today it's another beautiful, sunny and glorious fall day and we decide to take on the challenge to carve this Great Pumpkin!  My daughter is so excited she can hardly stand it.  We get everything ready and she draws out her plan using a marker.  I remember the joys of doing this each year in my childhood and I'm feeling a little guilty for not doing this with her before now ;(  (like I said, it's a 3rd child thing......any mommies of 2 or more out there.....hopefully can relate!!)  She especially liked removing  the pulp---gooy-fun!  And so here's the finished product!  Not too shabby if I do say so myself!  And another verse to our Taylor Swift song......."I had the Best Day.....with You.......Today "
 





No comments:

Post a Comment