Sunday, November 3, 2013

Day 99: Thankful Nov. 3

Day 3-I'm thankful for God's gift of children and our 3 bring absolute JOY to our lives!  

All my life, I looked forward to having children and becoming a mother.  I can recall when my older sister was pregnant with my niece and I was so close to her! From the moment I felt her kick in my sister's tummy-to the first time I held her in my arms.   I felt that unconditional love that you first experience with loving a child.  It was the best thing!  

Then when I got married and we started to plan for having children of out own, we went through a slight scare because I had a pre-cancerous surgery on my cervix, which my Dr. said made it risky to become pregnant.  She wanted us to wait at least a full year before we tried conceiving.  She also said there was a slight chance that I may not be able to conceive after the surgery because of possible scar tissue forming.  I remember feeling so upset at the thought of not having children!  I just couldn't believe that I would ever hear those words and I didn't want to believe it!  Well, my husband and I didn't wait as advised.  We got pregnant right away and THANKFULLY the entire pregnancy went without issue.  We gave birth to a healthy, beautiful, baby boy and all was right in the world!

We went on to have 2 more easy pregnancies and 2 beautiful daughters who are the MOST amazing sisters to each other! 

Children are a GIFT from God and we are so THANKFUL for the blessing of our children! 

No comments:

Post a Comment