Sunday, July 14, 2013

Day 88: Family Day

I've written before about how our son was going to this program this summer for 5 weeks!!  Last weekend was Family Day which meant that families could  visit the campus and take their child for the day to spend time off campus with them.  What a wonderful visit we had!!  I was really impressed with the campus and it's facilities but oh, how I enjoyed having our boy around again!!  I just LOVE when all my little chics are under one roof!!  Even though it was only for one day-- we're so thankful that we were given a visit day!  It's unbelievably hard to have your child gone for so long....even for a great opportunity and experience as this!  Then today in church, a group of Scholar students were recognized and it made me miss our son so much more!  They are here attending the same program at our local University's campus and as I glanced at the group--I could see my own son among them.  The program opts to send students to another town from which they live so that they can gain the full experience of being away to college.  It sure was nice to see all those students at church....even if it made me aware of my of an empty seat in our aisle :(

No comments:

Post a Comment