Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 18: Goodness

We have been doing a community service learning project to raise $$ to purchase gifts for the Angel Tree children and I have been so humbled by the goodness that I see in the children I am blessed to be surrounded by. There is still goodness in the world-and many of them are children! We had reached our goal today, well slightly surpassed it actually and then a last minute donation came in (from a dear friend whose child is in my class) and it literally brought me to tears! This will enable us to purchase gifts for 2 more children on the Angel Tree......and while I was sitting in awe of the generous hearts and souls in my daily walk.......I was just overcome with emotion. It brought me to tears. Here these children are......many of whom could very well be ON that Angel Tree themselves......yet, there they were......so excited about the opportunity to give......and I am humbled and warmed by their genuine goodness. I see goodness in EVERY single one of my children-those I teach and those I gave birth to :) so there is goodness in the world.......and many are children! So if you'd like to restore your faith in humanity.......spend some time with children. They never cease to amaze me! I am so blessed to walk this life doing something that I passionately LOVE and hope that I am impacting their lives as much as they are impacting mine! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment